18 and older
Bring your creative ideas to life with Adobe Photoshop, the professional digital imaging standard, used by photographers and designers who want to perfect their digital images. Photoshop allows you to create powerful images and designs.
This 1-day beginner workshop is designed to get you up and running quickly in Photoshop.
You will learn basic photo retouching, color correction, selections, replacing backgrounds, adding type, and preparing your images for print and web. The focus will be on step-by-step instruction leading participants through the most important tools and concepts in Photoshop.Takeaways
• Photoshop UI and Workspace
• Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries
• The Tools Panels
• Keyboard Shortcuts
• Navigating an Image: Zooming & ScrollingStep by step Instructions Include
• Selection tools: Magic Wand, Quick Selection, Select and Mask
• Basic retouching tools
• Adjustment layers
• Creating a simple composite
• Preparing files for print and web Preparation
- This is an introductory workshop designed for first time and beginning Photoshop users. No prior experience with Photoshop is required for this class.
- All participants must be able to bring a laptop to each class (Mac preferred). You will need to have Adobe Photoshop version CC or higher already downloaded on this laptop for the start of class.
- General computer knowledge is required.
Mouse or a Wacom tablet is preferred for working with Photoshop.
- Participants will receive files a day prior to the class and will need to download it to their computer prior to class. Please reach out to [email protected] if you did not receive the required files.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.