21 and older
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
- Windows 7+ (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9+ (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
AMA's Live Online Seminars are live, interactive, instructor-led courses that are completely user-friendly and accessible from your office or home PC. They’re the perfect time-saving alternative when you want training but can’t get away from the office.
You'll be able to speak to and/or electronically communicate with the instructor's and other attendees. You can also share files, view the instructors desktop, ask questions, tell the instructor to speak louder, softer, slow down, etc. (through simple icons). You'll see what your instructor is writing, view and hear questions and comments from other attendees, and be able to work in subgroups. A headset is required for optimal communication throughout the Live Online Seminar.
A member of AMA's expert faculty of business professionals will lead your seminar. Beyond our course leaders’ experience in business training, they are specially trained to present AMA's high-quality content in an engaging, live online format.
We want you to feel completely comfortable and ready to go, so we’ll email you before your scheduled seminar and give you all the information you need about the simple set-up process.
Get strategies, techniques and hands-on experience presenting virtually.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who is participating in virtual interactions and needs to express and present ideas with confidence, skill, and savvy in the virtual space.
Presentations can be tough—but even if you’re fairly comfortable presenting in person, doing so virtually can present jarring challenges. You may find yourself dealing with camera shyness, the anxiety of speaking to an online group, wondering about the right vocal dynamics, longing for visual cues and immediate feedback, technical glitches, and much more.
This is the course that will help you take command. Learn how to present with impact and confidence through focused, expert-led practice. Discover how to effectively adapt your voice and body language, learn preferred ways to present slides, be able to moderate question-and-answer periods, and get strategies to engage your audience. You will practice presenting using Zoom technology and receive immediate feedback from your expert course leader and fellow participants. Come away from this 2-day program feeling confident and ready to present virtually—and with style and professionalism.
You’ll also receive an exclusive AMA certificate in recognition of your completion of this program.
Additional post-course resources include:
- On demand lessons to reinforce key skills
- Best practice skill refreshers
- Articles offering practical tips and tactics
Platform: This program is delivered using Zoom technology.
How you will benefit:
- Speak, think, and message with greater precision
- Shape and organize your presentation effectively for an online environment
- Select the best virtual channel for your message and objectives
- Engage and hold the attention of your virtual audience
- Make optimal use of your voice and body language
- Overcome camera/microphone anxiety and related stress
- Manage virtual question-and-answer periods with confidence and savvy
What you will cover:
- Assessing your vocal dynamics, choosing online presentation channels, and creating planning templates
- Effectively using slide decks, chat, microphones, cameras, and handouts
- Overcoming online speaking anxiety
- Presenting in the moment: Proven question-and-answer approaches
- Presentation #1: Practicing delivering an impactful and clear presentation
- Presentation #2: Delivering a 5-7-minute presentation and getting feedback
- Presentation #3: Revising and refining the 5-7-minute presentation with question-and-answer feedback
- Speak, Think, And Message with Greater Precision by Focusing on Key Ideas and Clear Purpose.
- Shape and Organize Your Presentation to An Online Environment in Order to Inform and Influence Listeners and Get the Results You Desire
- Select the Appropriate Virtual Channel for The Most Effective Delivery of Your Message.
- Engage and Maintain the Attention of a Virtual Audience by Authentically Making the Most of Your Voice, Body Language, Online Production Environment, Online Platform, And Rhetorical Devices.
- Identify and Address the Factors Contributing to Camera/Microphone Anxiety and Negative Stress.
- Manage Virtual Question and Answer Periods in Either Audio or Chat Environment with Confidence and Savvy.
Rethinking Virtual 5 P’s Presentations
- Identify the Characteristics of Successful and Unsuccessful Virtual Presentation.
- Describe the Differences Between Face-To-Face and Online Presentations.
- Demonstrate Competencies to Perform Audience Analysis.
- Consider Technology Choices and Select Appropriate Online Strategy to Meet Achieve the Presentations Central Idea Statement
- Apply Organizational Patterns Used in Face-To-Face and Virtual Presentations.
- Apply Structure to Develop Balanced Presentations.
- Identify Use of The Appropriate Virtual Platform to Engage the Audience.
- Apply Dynamic Delivery Skills to Your Online Presentation.
- Adapt Language to The Audience and Occasion.
- Apply Methods to Reduce Presentation Anxiety.
Present and Process
- Project the Appropriate Image to Meet Expectations.
- Respond in a Focused and Controlled Fashion During Q&A.
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.