18 and older
Unlock data-driven insights with code. During our Python-focused introductory workshop, you’ll learn to harness the power of an essential programming language for data scientists and use it to drive accurate business insights. Working with real-world examples, you’ll touch on fundamental Python programming techniques and tools and discuss Python's applications in data analysis and the types of problems it can solve.Takeaways:
- Discuss the history of Python and its use across different industries.
- Define how Python compares to other programming languages.
- Describe the benefits of a Python workflow when working with data.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of Python programming fundamentals.
- Apply Python code to solve a sample world data problem.
This workshop is designed for anyone interested in learning Python. No prior experience or knowledge is required.
What to bring to class: All participants must bring their own laptop. Please also install Anaconda prior to class. You may also want to install a text editor like Sublime Text 3 or Atom.
Note on installing Anaconda: Scroll to your operating system version and click on the install button for Anaconda with Python 3.6. We'll be using Python version 3.6 in this workshop. If you are using a PC, please install the git for Windows terminal beforehand.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.