18 and older
This intensive two-day course will prepare you to take on the Product Owner role and is taught by a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer. We’ll cover the Scrum framework but more importantly, what it means to function as the Product Owner, or Customer, for a Scrum team. You will learn about managing stakeholders, creating and grooming the Product Backlog, emerging detail with Product Backlog Items and User Stories including Acceptance Criteria and the Definition of Done. You will participate in exercises, in-depth discussion, case studies and techniques to help illustrate practices and principles.
If you are interested being taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer about the fundamentals, terminology, practices and principles of the role of the Certified Scrum Product Owner for Scrum Team, then this course is right for you. If you have already been using Agile to manage your projects and feel you are well versed in Scrum, we would recommend reading about our PMI-ACP course. Take this CSPO Course if:
Included in the course are:
- You are beginning to explore using Scrum at your company and want to learn the fundamentals.
- You want to demonstrate your knowledge of the role of the Scrum Product Owner to advance your career.
- You are required to receive Professional Development Units (PDU’s) through the PMI (14 from our CSM course).
- 2 Day CSPO In-person Course
- Includes a light breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack provided on both days of training
- 2 Year Membership to Scrum Alliance
- Scrum Overview
- Product Owner Roles & Responsibilities
- Product Owner Planning
- Product Backlog
- User Stories
- Prioritization & How To Accurately Estimate
- Release Planning
- Working Collaboratively with Teams
- Scaling Across the Organization
- Acceptance Criteria
- Measure, Test & Adapt with Metrics and Reporting
To earn your CSPO certificate you are required to complete the 2 day CSPO Course from an Authorized Certified Scrum Trainer. No specific work experience is required for the course, however CSM certification or some Scrum knowledge is recommended.Exam Details
: No exam.
Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dietary restrictions can be accommodated. When you purchase your tickets, please reach out to CourseHorse for any food allergies or restrictions.