16 and older
Learn how to handle yourself in just about any situation!
Are you afraid to speak up in meetings? Unsure of how to express your ideas with the same confidence you see in others?
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover powerful assertiveness
techniques you can use every day, everywhere. You'll learn how
to send the right signals so you get the right responses. How to
overcome obstacles to assertiveness to get what you want. And
how to command respect and get things done.What You Will Cover
- Negotiating the fine line between passive, assertive and aggressive behaviors
- Pinpointing reasons why it can be challenging for women to speak up
- Six assertive communication techniques that map to any situation, office culture or personality type
- The delicate art of saying “no” – and how pushing back strategically can actually raise your stock
- Countering put-down statements – and neutralizing their likelihood in the future
- Finding your voice and building an assertive style of your own
- Real-world scenarios and go-to statements to put theory into practice effortlessly
: Do I need to buy any special equipment to experience the seminar?
Besides your PC (see the system requirements above) AMA strongly recommends that all participants use a headset with microphone. This will enable you to communicate with the instructor and other attendees during your Express Skills course. Your headset should have the following characteristics:
How far in advance do I need to register for my course?
- USB connection, with plug-and-play capability (i.e., with the software driver included)
- A built in microphone with noise-cancelling capabilities
- Clear digital stereo headphone audio
The earlier you sign up the better. That way, you’ll have plenty of time to do any pre-work, downloading, pre-assessments, etc., that your course might require. I registered for an Express Skills course. Why haven’t I heard from you?
After you register, we will always email you to confirm your registration and provide you with additional information before your course. Occasionally, however, customers may not receive the emails because of their company’s email security settings, a spam blocker, or an incorrect email address. If you registered but didn’t get your confirmation email the day after registration or your log-in information one week before your session, please notify CourseHorse immediately. We will make sure you have everything you need before your course.Please note:
Participant Requirements for Live Online/Express Skills Training and Webinars. This seminar offers continuing education credits to registered participants. To qualify for CEU credits, participants must register for and attend the live event using your individual log-in ID for the entire seminar, speaking in the sessions using a VoIP headset with microphone, and participating in all of the chat, polling, and breakout exercises is required. Archived recordings/On Demand webinars, or groups using a single user login with speakers, do not qualify for CEUs.
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.