18 and older
Unlock data-driven insights with code.
Explore the intersection of coding and data with General Assembly. During our Python-focused introductory workshop, you’ll learn to harness the power of an essential programming language for data scientists and use it to drive accurate business insights. Working with real-world examples, you’ll:
Prereqs & Preparation
- Touch on fundamental Python programming techniques and tools.
- Discover the history of Python and how it compares to other programming languages.
- Discuss its applications in data analysis and the types of problems it can solve.
- See where Python programming fits into the data workflow.
- Apply your new skills to solve a real-world problem with Python.
Install Anaconda beforehand. Tip:
Scroll to your operating system version and click on the install button for Anaconda with Python 2.7. Note: We'll be using Python version 2.7 in this workshop. If you are using a PC, please install the git for windows terminal. terminal beforehand. Additional Preparation Optional:
Install a text editor like Sublime Text 3 or Atom on your computer. Technical Considerations:
For students on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan).
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.